Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Baked Chicken Wings in a Mango Habanero Sauce


IT'S SUPERBOWL TIME! When my husband thinks football, he automatically thinks wings and beer. When I think football and wings,the first thing that comes to mind is fatty fried food. To keep both my husband and myself happy, I decided that I would just bake the wings and when they were fully cooked I would broil just to give them some color and to a little crispiness.

The end result is they came out amazing. I will never, ever fry another wing again. I hope you all enjoy this as much as my husband does.

***The Mango Habanero sauce is SPICY*** So be careful and try the sauce before hand.

Recipe source yours truly

WHAT YOU'LL NEED:

4 lbs of chicken wings
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 small Spanish onion, cut into chunks
2 whole cloves of garlic
2 ripe mangoes, peeled, pitted and coarsely chopped
1 habanero, chopped
1 Fresno pepper
1 cup white wine vinegar
a splash of water (about 1 tablespoon)
Salt
2 tablespoons of honey (to mask the acid of the vinegar)

WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO DO:

Season chicken wings with garlic, salt, and pepper and set aside.

In a medium saucepan, heat oil in medium saucepan over medium heat.

Add onions, garlic, mangoes, habanero, fresno pepper, and vinegar and cook over low heat for 15 to 20 minutes.

Place the mixture in a blender add honey and water, then blend until smooth.

If the mixture is too thick, add a few tablespoons of warm water or vinegar.

In a large bowl mix together wings and half or prepared sauce. Let sit for about 30 minutes.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees

Place chicken wings in a single layer on baking sheet.

Bake for about 10-15 minutes until wings are cooked(baking time will depend on the size of wings)

Once baked broil wings until they are golden.

Serve hot with the other half of the sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment